September 13, 2017 By email@example.com
“So many delicious fall flavors in this simple and tasty salad, dressed with a pumpkin vinaigrette!”
For the salad:
- 6 cups of arugula (or your favorite greens)
- 1 diced pears
- 4 slices of bacon
- ⅓ dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans
For the dressing:
- ½ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or 1 date)*
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)**
- Begin by cooking your bacon over medium heat until desired crispiness on each side. Set aside, and drain fat with paper towel. Once cooled, chop the bacon.
- Now make your dressing: Place vinegar, pumpkin puree, basil, garlic, spices, salt, syrup or date, and pumpkin seeds (if using) in a blender or food processor. While motor is running, slowly add in oil. Check the consistency, if too thick, add in 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Now assemble your salad. Toss arugula, pears, bacon, cranberries, and pecans. Add in about half of the dressing, and then adjust to add more dressing as needed. You will probably have extra dressing.
*Soak the dates for about 10 minutes to soften. This is for a Whole30 compliant dressing.
**The pumpkin seeds create a thicker and crunchier texture, but are optional. You can also use a different nut in it’s place!
Find this delicious recipe and more at wholesomelicious.com!